Interesting and intriguing blogs, blog posts, articles, videos and photos, hand-picked and served up fresh every Sunday.
- A study from Columbia University suggests that internet use may affect our memory – specifically, we remember less information if there is the option of looking up that information later.
- NASA’s robotic probe Dawn makes its rendezvous with the asteroid Vesta (pictured) in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. The probe will map Vesta’s surface and move on to Ceres, the asteroid belt’s most massive asteroid, to shed light on the early formation of the solar system.
- June’s global temperatures were the seventh warmest in recorded history.
- In Part 1 of a three-part series, Scientific American explains how extreme weather is a product of climate change.
- Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s the super-bees. Researchers at the University of Manitoba are working on breeding mite-resistant bees to combat worldwide colony collapse disorder.
- Fossil hunters have discovered the bones of the last dinosaur to walk the earth. The animal, likely an adult triceratops, adds evidence to the theory that dinosaurs went extinct due to cometary impact.